The Club has been in existence since July 5, 1956. Since then, it has gone through several name changes – Boys Club of Crawfordsville, 1956 – 1972, Boys Club of Montgomery County, 1972 – 1985, and Boys & Girls Club of Montgomery County, 1986 to present. The Club was originally located at an old fire station on College Street in Crawfordsville, Indiana. The Club built a 10,000 square foot facility on Chestnut Street, which opened in 1969 and closed its doors in June of 2000. The Club currently has 33,000 square foot of program space and over 10 acres of ground available for soccer and other outdoor programs and activities.
The Boys & Girls Club of Montgomery County provides a safe place for youth to learn and grow, ongoing relationships with caring adult professionals, life-enhancing programs, character development experiences, hope and opportunity. The Club has grown from 750 youth served in 1985 to over 7,600 in 2018. Without the continued support of the community, this would not be possible! In order to make this a reality, we rely on volunteerism, local partnerships and support from many local businesses and organizations including Nucor, Montgomery County United Fund and the Montgomery County Community Foundation (MCCF).
Want to know more? Let us know!